“Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth” (Ecclesiastes 12:1)
The Orthodox Christian Youth Movement (OCYM), the Youth-wing of the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church was established in 1936 as a ministry and is in its 78th year of active leadership and Christian witness in the Church and society. It contributes to the goodness and progress of the Church and community in the three-fold path of Worship, Study, and Service. OCYM of our parish is a Gathering of youth aged between 18 and 45 years and is the spiritual platform for demonstrating the talents of the young blood. OCYM meets on every 2nd and 4th Fridays of the month after Holy Qurbana. The sessions comprise of devotional songs, Bible reading, prayer, classes/speeches etc...
AIMS, OBJECTIVES & PROGRAMMES
- Grow spiritually through the study of the word of God.
- Imbibe in Christian Values, Faith and Traditions.
- Give spiritual insight and awareness to face the challenges of the modern world.
- Means to identify the power and potentialities of the youth and channel their strength towards peaceful purposes in the contemporary church and social scenario.
- Leading the youth to the main streams of the church and society at large.
- Making the youth aware of contemporary issues and enable them to respond to social issues more meaningfully through seminars, workshops, discussions, and conferences.
- Impact Leadership training by activating talent development and guidance cells.
- Serve the Society via Charitable actions.
- Providing opportunity to exhibit ones sportistic and artistic talents.
- Environmental Activities.
- Socialising and Bonding.
- Job Assistance & Local Assistance for the needy.
OCYM ABU DHABI UNIT - 2019
For Contacts / Registration:
- Visit our Facebook Pages: OCYM Abu Dhabi / St. George Orthodox Cathedral Abu Dhabi
- App: Playstore: SGOC Abu Dhabi
- Visit OCYM bookstall